Saturday, September 22, 2007

Why can't they show me the shoes?

Warning - this post is a completely frivolous post, not too much content, just something that has been bugging me this week.

If you know me, you know that I am not living in the world of high fashion. I wear what is comfortable, on sale, and for the most part fits. I am slowly becoming more trendy as I spend more time living in the windy city (as my new desire for pedicures and hot pink Steve Madden heels proves) but for the most part it is a slow transition.

I work on the same block as an Anne Taylor Loft store. They have cute stuff, nice work appropriate clothing and sometimes some decent sales, so I have been known to stop in every now and then when I'm trying to expand my available work clothes. What's nice is in the store windows they have rows of mannequins with whole outfits put together. I dig this since my ability to put together a matching outfit is right up there with my ability to speak German - I can not fathom doing either. Sounds perfect right? Not quite. See, all the mannequins, in their great outfits, are always bare foot. They are never wearing shoes! Granted, shoes are not the main sales pitch of an Anne Taylor Loft store, but they do sell them. And personally, I need to see what shoes will go with that cute skirt/blazer outfit before I can buy it. Damn retail world.

No comments: