Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I F*$%ing Hate Crocs

No reason to not be up front about it, I hate those damn shoes. They're ugly, and personally I find them gross looking and not at all comfortable. I feel about Crocs the same way many of my fellow pedestrians feel about flip-flops, but that's another post for another time. My first warm fuzzy feeling of solidarity came when I found this website. By cruising through a friend of a friend of a coworkers blog (the 21st centuries version of my cousins - boyfriends - sisters - baby daddy's kind of thing) I came across it. I might have to order a shirt for me and maybe one for the brother.

Then this morning I was again smiled upon by the journalism Gods when I came across this article linking childhood obesity to the dreaded footwear. Now I understand (and the article does as well) that there are many, many factors that are leading our children, and our teenagers, and our adults....to dangerous levels of obesity, but I love that Crocs are now on the list of perpetrators. Many, just maybe, if we all join together we can get them to be banned by next summer so I never have to see them again.

No comments: