Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Change

It's been slowly breaking all day and now it's done. Obama is officially the Democratic nomination for president in 2008. I just watched his speech from Minnesota - CBS played it live and I watched it grainy and pixely on my computer. I watched it with tears in my eyes, and a few that escaped to my cheeks. I watched it with excitement and enthusiasm for the future. It's been a long time since I've had any enthusiasm for the future. 8 years to be more specific. Even in the past elections I don't think there was a Democratic candidate I was really excited about. I just wanted someone to beat Bush.

But now I'm excited. I want Obama to be my president. I want him to come through on the promises he has made tonight and in other speeches. I want to live in a country with universal healthcare. I want to see my military come home. I want to breather cleaner air, drink cleaner water, I want to have hope that we won't burn out this planet in mere decades.

I want Change. I believe he can deliver that. And for the first time in almost 28 years, I'm excited about November.

No comments: