Friday, June 6, 2008

If it weren't for this nagging social justice, I would be a rockstar

It's 80 some odd degrees in Chicago today and humid as all fuck outside, so of course I decided today would be a good day to flatten my hair. That and the 60% chance of severe thunderstorms of course. But heat be damned because I am having a great day.

Summer hours started at my place of employment today which meant I got to cruise out into the sunshine at 11:30 to start my weekend. My 2 hour annual review took up almost all my morning so it really didn't even feel like a work day. The review went well which put me in my rockstar feeling mood, plus it's my two year anniversary this week in the city which makes me pretty giddy.

I'm still trying to figure out where to put my studio sized air conditioner in my loomingly large one bedroom apartment so I had to settle for opening every window not blocked my books or boxes when I got home today. Suddenly living in the windy city isn't seeming so bad. I actually get a decent cross breeze which is making my apartment tolerable, well that and my light weight summer beach/pajama pants.

Tonight I will celebrate with the one person I knew when I first moved here and tomorrow includes a trip to Printers Row book fair...I can already see the dent in my wallet that is going to cause. A possible exploration to a new neighborhood bar tomorrow night will round out what I hope to be a gloriously productive weekend.

So now I'm off to finish my book - I'm reading Guinevere by Sharan Newman, but since I'm almost done I feel no reason to add it to the sidebar. I'm struggling with what to pick up next, so any suggestions are always welcome!

1 comment:

Robguy said...

I never realized you straightened your hair. I also don't understand how the title of the post related to the post. I won't let it bother me though - glad to hear the weather is getting warmer (with a nice breeze). Miss ya.