Monday, March 31, 2008

Just a few headlines...now back to work

Too busy today (and probably the rest of the week for that matter) to do a full blown post but came across a few news items I wanted to make sure I got links up to. First, with no link, it's start of baseball season but since I'm still knee deep in the madness I can't really pay attention to it - that and it's awfully rainy here in the city so I wonder if the cubs are even getting started. Second - I actually participated in this new (or new to me) concept of "earth hour" where on Saturday night I turned off my lights (but not my tv) between 8 and 9 pm. I heard the next day that the city of Chicago had a 5% decrease in energy demand which means nothing to me but then this article today provided a more relative number for me. Just think what we could do if this was a weekly, or even monthly event...too bad we can't focus for more than an hour in our society.

And finally, I have to admit that I have used someone's reading list (or lack thereof) as a make or break in my dating world. Granted, it was almost always more than just what was on his reading list that made me flee from certain ex's or drew me like a moth to a flame to others- but as you well know books are a big part of me and who I am so it is one of the things I look at in potential partners. Usually I don't care what you read, as long as you read something. And for me it usually isn't a level of intelligence thing but an activity to do together - one of my favorite pastimes is laying in bed Sunday (or really any day) morning with coffee and a book or newspaper, it would just be sensible if my partner was with me.

Okay - back to the grind, just one last link to a site that I may have to go back to when my one year blogging anniversary hits (whenever the hell that is). I don't do a lot of pictures but it would be neat to have a hard copy version of all this mish mash I'm spouting...and really I will take any excuse I can to add more books to mys shelves :)

No comments: