Saturday, March 29, 2008

So many books, so little time

It's the end of March and I am 6 books away from halfway through my goal for the year...this gives me optimism that I'll make it, but only time will tell. At my last visit to my bookstore I had them look up my totals - I don't have the exact numbers but this approximately where I'm at.
$994 spent since November of 2006 with over 80 some books bought. I think as far as habits go, this one might be the most healthy for me.

The sun is out so I think I might venture for a walk, rediscover some of the music hidden in my i-pod. Maybe break the 1K mark on my book record. It's amazing what a little sun will do to your disposition. Have a great weekend.

Sunday Update - I got a printout from the bookstore yesterday so I could see all my purchasing power in its glory. 95 book bought between November 19, 2006 and March 22, 2008 which boils down to 5-6 a month. 15 of those were gifts for others (about 16%). The winner by far was the graphic novel category ringing in with 42, scifi was next at 12. I've been through 3 $25 credits (which you earn for every $300 spent) and I think I'm about $200 shy of getting another one which shouldn't be too hard since one of the damn workers got me to start another comic book run at $10 a shot and probably 9-10 volumes total.