Saturday, October 4, 2008

Looking for music cataloguing ideas

Okay fine readers, I need your help. I am a cataloguing machine. I love it. I know this is dorky, and I'm okay with that. You can find my books online here. You can find my movie collection online here, but apparently for not more than a week - when I went to get the link I got a message that they are shutting down...Damn. Anyway, what I now need is a good online place to catalogue music. A friend has a ton of cds, tapes, LPs, all of it. And he wants it listed somehow so he can see what he owns. I offered to look into it, do some research and possible help out with this project. Like I already said, I'm a dork. I'm having a cuecat shipped sometime this week and am looking into how that works with scanning barcodes, all I know is that if I can avoid using excel it will make me happy. Unless of course it's just loading it into excel and than uploading it too a much cooler system. So here's where you come in. Got any ideas? I got DVDspot from this guy so hopefully someone out there reading this knows something equally cool for music collections. I'm looking into Libra, and if anyone has any feedback, I'd love to hear it.
Thanks!

1 comment:

Robguy said...

ARgh! that pisses me off. I had our entire collection of DVDs loaded on that site. Amazon.com lets you enter all the junk you own - they probably won't be shutting down anytime, but it rubs me the wrong way to enter all that info into a marketing/sales website.
A friend said I should just put it in Access, but I want to easily share it and not worry about the next software version.
I started entering my comics at comic collector but now they're saying they want a $ubscription fee.
Let me know what you come up with.