Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just a quick green thought

I'm so busy at work I think my head might explode (though that might have something to do with the hangover I'm fighting through today) but I read an article by Thomas L. Friedman out of the Times that I wanted to share a section of. I thought this paragraph was great and would love to see it happen come next January. Read the whole article here.

Lastly, we need the next president to be an energy efficiency trendsetter,
starting by reinventing the inaugural parade. Get rid of the black stretch limos
and double-plated armored Chevy Tahoes inching down Pennsylvania Avenue.
Instead, let the next president announce that he will use no vehicles on
inauguration day that get less than 30 miles per gallon. He could invite all car
companies to participate in the historic drive with their best available
American-made, fuel-efficient, innovative vehicle.

No comments: