Friday, May 9, 2008

Something came in the mail today

So my something came today, see here if you don't know what I'm talking about. The envelope was a small cd mailer which I ripped opened excitedly to find the weirdest thing I've seen all week.

Inside was a ring which upon closer inspection contained a digital watch in the face of it. Bursting out laughing at the gumball machine looking trinket I was amazed to see a Fossil tag attached to it. According to the tag it is a Philippe Starck piece created with Fossil and supposedly retailed originally for $135! (though is marked down to $67.59 in red ink). I tried it on and it fits somewhere between my ring and pinky finger and is ridiculously large. I tried looking for it online and found no record of it on the Fossil page, but did find this picture - mine looks like the one on the right but my new watch is red not green.

With the week I've had I would say that is was totally worth the $10 to have the laugh I did today at my mailbox. I might even try it again sometime.

(Oh and I've finished Burning Chrome and read The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells and Letter to a Christian Nation by Sam Harris, and seen Iron Man at the theater - which is fantastic in case you were wondering - since the last time I've blogged. I have just been way to busy for updates)

1 comment:

Robguy said...

If they weren't so clunky looking in the photo... I don't know where I put my last watch and I've stopped carrying around my cell phone (why pay each month when I'm almost always at home?) Then again, since I'm almost always home - what do I need a watch for?