Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Might as well still be up north

With the weather the way it is in Chicago today, I feel as though I might as well of stayed in the north woods of Wisconsin. But alas, all vacations must come to an end at some point - unless you're one of those people whose whole lives are wonderful and every day feels like a vacation, in that case you can go "bleep" yourselves (trying to do a little self censoring, not sure how it's working so far).

The trip was great. Relaxing and filled with beer and whiskey, just the way camping is supposed to be in my humble opinion. The only thing I regret is racing back to the city (though sitting out the hail storm protected by my mothers mini van as opposed to a tarp Sunday afternoon was well worth it). I scored more points than ever in the horseshoe tournament on Sunday - I think next year I will have to schedule a departure date of Monday so I can stay and see how far my luck can take me. I brought 4 books, of which I read none (though I did pick up one my brother brought and paged through that for a bit). I got a bit of a t-shirt burn pattern going on, but nothing that won't fade in a few days time. All in all, well worth it.

Now I'm back, wandering around my apartment while the rest of the world works around me. I may have to finally do those dishes that are still staring at me from before my departure but not before I sneak in an afternoon showing tomorrow of Indiana Jones.

Hope everyone had a nice, warm, holiday weekend.

No comments: