Thursday, May 22, 2008

Not doing the dishes

I'm headed out for a much needed vacation that includes the ancient art of cleansing the mind, body, and soul through whiskey and camping. It's going to be great. I postponed my departure date thinking I could squeeze in a few more tasks before I settled into my oh so comfortable bus seat to home. I'm almost finished packing. I've had a nice little dance party while flattening my hair and listening to Ani, Panic at the Disco, Elvis, and Tufts Beeelzebubs. I watched some Oprah. I am embracing the vacation spirit. I am not doing the dishes in my sink. Not making the bed. Not picking up the clothes that didn't make the cut. My one resignation? I will try and take the garbage out as I head for the train (though this week it's mostly empty beer bottles).

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend doing whatever it is they do to celebrate whatever the reason is we always get this Monday off in May. I'm going to go get flung.

No comments: