Thursday, August 9, 2007

A great way to start the day

So I do have a post debate summary in the works but at 5:15 last night it disappeared. Got up, followed the second star to the right, and flew away never to be seen again, so I'm taking a break from it and will come back to it later today. So for now I would like to share the entertaining start to today that I had...

Running late I get on the train one stop north of my usual point of departure (I'm dog sitting) and settle into my single chair. All of a sudden I feel my phone buzzing in my purse. "Oh no, this can't be good" I think. Who would call me at 7:30 in the morning unless something is wrong. So I pull out my phone and see that I have a text message. The following is the back and forth conversation I had that pretty much took me all the way to work this morning (all misspellings left intact)....

Coworker's message: Been waiting 4 a bus 4 25 min am prolly gonna be late. Pls sit at my desk and pretend to be me, thanks

My reply: Sure, but i just got on the train myself so not sure what good i'd be :)

Coworker: Oh dear! 1st one to work is a rotten egg!

Me: You're on!

Coworker: Finally a bus! Why did u sell ur car? U cld be giving rides

Me: Ah yes, silly, silly, me. How did you know it has always been my dream to be a chauffer?

Coworker: Hey no sass it is too Gargamel* early! Tee hee I slay me.

Me: Tehehe! I think that is the first time i have laughed out loud on my morning commute, thanks! And then my day started....


* Gargamel was a phrase I used with a group of friends when I was younger as a replacement for "god damn". I don't know how it started or why, especially since I was not allowed to watch Smurfs when I was a kid, something about the fact that there was only one Smurfette for the whole village of male Smurfs went against everything my mother believed in regarding equality and rights for women....

No comments: