Thursday, January 7, 2010

Surprise, Surprise

I've started a new blog. I'm not abandoning this one, though by my own visits as of late you'd never know. I just needed a space to let out some creative steam that's been building for awhile.

I talk about being a writer (or maybe I just think it secretly in my head all the time) but in reality I've never really done a damn thing to progress that dream outside my daily random fantasies. And while, don't get me wrong, daily random fantasies are great, they neither pay the rent nor truly satisfy the soul.

I also bitch about my job. A lot. Too much probably. And after a recent conversation with a friend in which it was pointed out to me that if you are not doing anything to get to what you want then you need to stop bitching (I know, seems obvious in that whole hindsight, 20/20 thing, but it gave me pause at the time) I have decided to put some kind of effort into this project.

So this is my attempt to stop bitching. Or at least bitch with validity. I'm linking once to the new site from here but I'm not linking back. See while most of you know me, this is still a somewhat hidden spot from others and I'd like to keep it that way. The other site, where I embarrass the hell out of myself by sharing page long insights into my crazy, well that one I might want to be more free with.

So, if you'd like to hear the random, unfinished fiction ramblings of JJ than follow me over to Windy City Writer

No comments: