Monday, April 27, 2009

Getting by with a little help from friends since the government can be basically worthless

I am damn lucky when it comes to certain things, specifically such things as having a job and not having to interact with the majority of Chicago, Cook County, or Illinois government agencies. I bitch and moan about a lot of other things in my life but let me just say for the record here that I am really, really glad I don't have to deal with that in my life.

I was reminded of this when catching up with my blog posts from friends and enemies this morning (every once in awhile I like to take the temperature of those not like me in the world and see what they're all bitching about. It doesn't happen often). On the friend side I saw this post from impending unemployment. What a cluster fuck. While reading it, it reminded me of a post from a ways back from Rock Rock Silly. I went and dug through the archives and found the one I think I was thinking of. Not the same institution but equally as frustrating.

In these times navigating the bureaucracy is frustrating, difficult, time consuming and often leads one to drink (I would imagine). As one that does not have to traverse these murky waters yet (and hopefully not anytime soon) I would like to send out my shoulders for leaning on to all my friends that do.

No comments: