Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A few great ways to give back

I am swamped at work and in life lately and I apologize for my disappearing act. I did however want to jump on real quick and share a bunch of great opportunities to take part in some pretty kick ass fundraising/events all over the country.

First up my dear friend Tim is having his annual fundraiser dinner for GSA for Safe Schools. Located in Madison, WI (yay home!), GSA works tirelessly to help create a safe education environment for all students regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression all throughout the state. I can testify to the many, many road trips Tim has taken to connect with students and staff all over to help make sure no district is left without help. If you're in the area consider buying a ticket (they had a great silent auction the year I went), if you're not going to be around Wisconsin then just consider making a contribution. They do good work.

Next is for my friend Matt who is participating in the Race for Hope in Washington DC. It's a 5K run to benefit both the National Brain Tumor Society and Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure. Matt's goal looks to be $200 - there is no way we can't knock that out of the park!

Steve here in Chicago is participating in the MS Walk. His goal is $500 and being already half way there I know he can do it. The walk is May 3rd (same as Matt's run, what a busy day!), so hurry up and go check out his page!

And last but not least, I have to put my own shout out in. I'm selling raffle tickets for one of the most kick ass raffle's I've seen - probably 10 prize packages each valued at over $1,000 each usually! Tickets can be bought here. Just make to sure to say I told you about the raffle in the comments section so I can claim credit in our staff competition :)

So whatever you're interested in, and whatever you can afford I hope you will be able to support at least one of these extremely worthy causes. Okay, back to work (so that the raffle here actually happens!)

No comments: