Monday, October 29, 2007

Home?

Last night when I went to bed, I turned off all my lights and shut the door. This might not seem very out of the ordinary for most people, but for me it was the first time since June 2006 that I had more than one light to turn off and a door to actually shut. I am officially moved into my new one bedroom apartment. It has 3 closets, 4 doors, 5 rooms, and 11 windows. It's fantastic. It's also messy, completely disorienting and utterly too quiet, but all those things will either get fixed or I will get used to. I've already hit up my new favorite grocery store and taken down an 8 oz. container of their wonderful guacamole. Unpacking is taking a little longer than I thought, I did manage to get (in the following order) enough bathroom stuff to shower and brush my teeth, my movies and most of my books out and shelved. The next few weeks will be consumed with unpacking, sorting and filling in the holes left by studio living. I think I might be quite happy in this new space...but only time will tell.

No comments: