Friday, December 4, 2009

The Greatest Sci-Fi/Fantasy Feel Good Raffle Ever

Just in time for the holiday season I have come across a delightful way to possibly win some cool ass shit and help out what looks to be a pretty nifty organization. Combining my love of all things science fiction/fantasy and making the world a better place I bring you Patrick Rothfuss and his amazing charity raffle!

To be fair, I haven't actually read anything by this guy, but after tooling around the site for about 10 minutes I'm sold and will be heading to the library on my lunch to see what I can find. I came across the site, due to my love of all things social networking, when I read a tweet from Neil Gaiman about it. Really, what the hell would I do all day without twitter/facebook/blogger?

Basically he's teamed up with Heifer International and he's matching 50% of ALL donations made through January 15th. Make sure to donate through HIS PAGE for this to work. There are a couple of different ways to get in on the prize action if your interested. For me, I'm going to check out option #1, The Lottery. For every $10 I donate, I get an entry into a lottery for a chance at what looks to be a kick ass pot of possible prizes. Hardcovers, first editions, most signed by the authors. All the kinds of things I LOVE. And there are a ton of books donated for this thing. But since he's already raised over $10K in 3 days it sounds like there are a ton of people donating money as well. I'll still throw my hat in the ring though. $10 (tax-deductible!) for a chance at a random new book? I'm all in.

Check it out. Take a spin around the site. If nothing else the writing for this post (and his bio) are a good read. If it's something that makes you smile and you are part of a social networking site (really, who isn't these days?) then pass it along.

No comments: