Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pennies for a rainy day

There are a million ways to earn money off the internet (probably) and over the course of the past few years I've come across a handful of them. I always get really, really excited which quickly breaks down into really, really bored. But since I've started one back up again I though I'd come list them all here (mostly so I can come back in three months when I've once again lost interest and laugh at myself for my short attention span).

Squidoo: Build thing they call "lens's" that are like mini webpages. Get others to view your Lens and click on ads and such. Earn money from those ads. At one point I was up to about $7 I think, but now when I log in I can't seem to find it. They have a rule if inactive for a year the money goes back in the bank sort of thing so I'm guessing I lost it. Whoops.

MTurk: Amazon's weird little worker bee community thing. People (or companies, or robots, I have no idea) post tasks/jobs for us worker bees to complete. These range in payment from a penny to up to a dollar. My lifetime earning from them is $21.98 but at some point I rolled that into an Amazon gift certificate and now have a whopping 89 cents for a current balance.

Google Ads: You all know about these. Dedicate some space on your site/blog to let google pick out ads (theoretically matching your content) to fill in the space. Then hope your readers click on them every once in awhile to send some revenue back to your pocket.

Moola: By far the weirdest money making set up I've seen. Basically play on line games (a small handful, maybe 3-4) and bet/earn money. You can earn extra for all those regular things as well such as referring friends, signing up for offers, etc. The newest thing though is using their search feature allows you to earn revenue. They had this before and I tried it randomly but never seemed to win. The newest incarnation however has returned at least a penny (and a few 50 centers) each time I've searched today. I started at $5.05 this morning and now am at $7.66. This seems to be the easiest if I can stick with it. I'm hoping to get to $20 by next week!

So these are my four random money generating activities on the internet. What will I ever do if I don't have a desk job to find this stuff?

***Update: Looks like the Moola winning might have been a glitch. While I legitimately needed to do about 40 searches, I'm guessing the system won't read it like that and will probably take back my money. That's okay. If it comes back online I'll just make sure to use it for a few searches a day and not my major internet work.

No comments: