Thursday, June 18, 2009

More random Bonnaroo items

Most annoying moment:
Friday morning at 5 a.m. a neighbor camper decided to start advertising bloody mary's for sale. He did this by yelling "Bloody Mary!" over and over and over. For 3 hours.

Nicest Strangers:
A fellow camper overheard that my book/map/schedule that they handed out upon entering the grounds got trashed in the rain on Thursday. He found they had an extra and gave it to me.

Many people throughout the weekend got me high (or offered). Never when I was with one of the boys of course, but whenever I was on my own I found plenty of offers.

Weirdest attraction:
Late at night there was a carnival/circus show. Almost impossible to explain but it included an under-miked announcer, random acts including fire hulahooping, a man in a helmet pushing a lawnmower in a circle, and an interpretive dance with human puppets. Also large metal sculputres that belched fire into the sky. Sadly I was not high for this one.

Funniest overheard at Bonnaroo moment:
"This shit is crazy!" Overheard by a random stranger at the back of the late night carnival attraction. It was funny because it rang out over the announcer (who no one could hear anyway) and broke the weird hypnotic silence we were all sitting in.

Funniest non-bonnaroo quote:
"And Marty doesn't count" Said by me to my brother late Sunday night. Only makes sense to us.

Most Unneccesary food item:
Water. Not that water was unneccessary. Water is very important. It was just that since we spent all day in Centeroo I just filled up my bottle there and not at the tent.

On a side note I have 3 large containers of Ice Mountain water if anyone needs it.

No comments: