Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What I should and should not be...

I should not be wearing long sleeves and pants, in Chicago, in August, and be cold.

I should not be judgmental of other women downtown about the way they smoke their cigarettes.

I should not be surprised by the men doing the up and down look that settles around the ass area of the size two women in skirts in the loop.

I should not continue to stare at the men that never even notice me, let alone look twice.

I should not spend time at work blogging.

And since lists should not contain all "should not" statements....

I should be surprised that after 28 years my father called me last night to tell me that he was worried about the distance between us, did not want our relationship to be this way, and would it be okay if he called me more often. Wow. Welcome to the conversation pops.

2 comments:

Robguy said...

Is he dying?

Anonymous said...

I should not be wishing all vegetables to taste like chocolate nor that all the bunnies in the front yard would just follow me inside one day. :)

Not the same tone, really.

I have yo' curtains and they are dope, yo.