Friday, December 28, 2007

What day is it?

The presidential race of 2008 has been the hot topic of politics for what feels like forever now (in fact I remember talking about it/praying for it to arrive quickly after the announcement of GW's re-election in 2004). The Democratic race has boiled down to three main contenders and if you can't name them I refuse to help you. The Republican side doesn't seem to have a strong front runner but that could just be because I pay less attention to them (that is of course except when one still refuses to even admit that global warming exists - what world are they living on?!*)

It's so much a part of our daily news and lives that honestly I've stopped paying much attention. I know that Iowa is the place to be if you want to find a politician, I know that primaries that used to be in late winter/early spring are now on the cusp of the new year and I know that there are still 11 months of this crap to put up with. So it is with a sigh and a laugh that I bring you this article, in which the democrats prove to us that it doesn't matter how much political clout, money or brain power you have in your camp, it all boils down to the $9/hour fact checkers.

*The quote this is from is a March 2007 interview in which Thompson seems to think that it's funny to try out a theory that it's a solar system wide problem instead our own fucking degradation to this planet.

1 comment:

Robguy said...

I can just see them scrambling to the phones looking for volunteers to grab markers. oops!