Thursday, December 27, 2007

Just a quick post holiday update

It's my first day back in the office after an extended holiday weekend and since it's a short week (two days only for me) and most of my coworkers are out lets just be honest with each other and understand I'm not doing much today in regards to actual work. Now I have checked my personal email that went ignored for 5 days, updated my Facebook status, and caught up on my book blog. I also read up on my favorite blogs, sent some information to a cousin that might be crashing at my house this weekend, and dealt with a random cryptic text message from a man that lives in anther time zone, literally, figuratively and any other "ally" you can throw in there to make sure it's understood that the situation is totally fucked up. I also earned 15 cents in a long forgotten mturk account and now find myself staring aimlessly at the blank wall in front of me.... and there is still 2 hours to go till I can legitimately walk out the door, so what better to do than blog!



My holidays were actually quite wonderful this year. I saw almost all the people I wanted to, avoided the one I didn't want to see (tactfully and guilt free!) and had a delightful time visiting with Zappa and Juneau. The big family gathering that took place on Christmas Day initially had me dreading Tuesday afternoon yet turned out to be quite fun. I scored cookware for my new apartment (though have not yet found the ability or knowledge of how to actually cook), a new larger Sigg water bottle, and a host of new books from my mom. The Nintendo DS gift from the brother and I went over well. At first I could tell she was apprehensive ("You got me a Gameboy???") but as soon as the New York Times Crossword puzzle went in it was all over. She even took it with to the family gathering and I caught her with it open every time she found herself alone for 2 minutes (which with a group of over 25 is tough to do, I'm impressed she managed to find time to play at all).



I was able to ring in a belated Solstice celebration Saturday night with a dear friend and overall think that the weekend was quite nice (though the snowstorm back home could of waited a few days). Everyone around me is/was sick but so far I've held out, cross your fingers for me that I haven't just totally jinxed it.



Now back in the windy city, I am settled into a dog sitting gig that will run through new years eve and then it's off to 2008! No plans as of yet, but I think I'm okay with that....I'll let you know if any neurotic activities start to appear closer to the calendar turnover, but I don't think they will. I hope all my readers (what is there...3 or 4 of you? :) had a wonderful holiday whatever they may have been celebrating - I hope the consumerism of the season skipped by your homes and instead they were filled with love, companionship, good food and great memories.

No comments: