Friday, November 30, 2007

Tis the Season...

....that all the cool toys come out to play. As a closet geek, I love this stuff and while Christmas and I aren't exactly on speaking terms most years, I am secretly excited to see the new techno toys that will be bombarding us. First up is Kindle from Amazon. I haven't looked too much into it (it's still $400 and bound to be bug filled) but first got wind of it through Gaiman's blog (November 20th entry). Opening general gist - it's a portable, reloadable, downloadable book. Which means I'm probably gonna love it. Though there is no way to infuse the plastic with the smell of an actual book (which is one of my most favorite smells), I hope I know someone that gets one so I can play with it.

Today I came across a random "What to buy the techno geek in your life" list that are always so popular at this time of year. This list ranged from $100 - $140,000 so I guess it's something for everyone. My favorites were the $7500 digital, personal soda/booze fountain, and the magic card that allows me to download pics from my camera to the net wirelessly whenever I walk by a wi-fi spot (which I think I should of known about before now, I guess I just haven't paid that much attention to my own camera).

Also intriguing was the Les Paul Robot Guitar. I know the name Les Paul, I dated the "guitar ex" for long enough to know that one, but that is about the extent of it. I defer to all my more well versed musicians out there to tell me if this thing is neat or just a sham to allow unknowledgeable impostors behind the curtain, cause if that's the case I take back my support.

And finally, the be all end all toy that if I had $300, to casually throw away that is, cause I might have $300 if I thought about it but it should probably go towards student loan payments (wow, I digress), I would have to have. First of all because I would use it not only on airplanes but on the El. And secondly because the two paragraph promo references X-Men, so you know the product has to be cool. No hints, check out the link and see for yourselves. Ah, the joys of the holiday seasons!

1 comment:

Robguy said...

Love the gadgets! I'd have to try the last one on though - to make sure it would be comfortable to wear for an extended time. The kindle would be a great addition to my kitchen with lots of cookbooks in it. (although I'd like to be able to publish my own stuff to it, rather than limit it to what I can buy).