Monday, November 12, 2007

Sometimes the blog is just not on your side

I had a really good post, okay maybe not really good but I was happy with it. It was all about how I went and bought a bed this weekend, and how it really is a symbolization of how I have made a commitment to Chicago and to living a life here, letting go of ideals and notions that were unrealistic, and how I managed to talk a sales guy down an extra $100. Then I did something weird and it all disappeared. So I am not going to try and recreate those sentences, I've tried that in the past and I just get frustrated when I don't come up with the same quirky twists and original plays on words.

Instead let me clarify that just because someone works at the bottom of the ladder does not mean that they enjoy being treated like they are standing at the bottom of a ladder, being used as a stepping stone for all those around them. It's frustrating, it hurts, and it makes the bottom rung want to go find a new ladder.

It's cryptic but it helps me vent.
That's all.

No comments: