Monday, March 8, 2010

Here comes 30! (in 6 months...)

I am officially within the 6 month window of turning 30 (insert some kind of creepy music here) and can't quite figure out how I feel about that, but since it's within the 6 month mark I feel I can offically start talking about it. Or maybe I can't, but it's my blog, so...I can.

The first 30th birthday I celebrated was my brothers. On a tropical island. In February. How the hell do you top that? Since then, it's been a few each year that have tumbled over the edge into whatever the heck life holds when it starts with 3. Some say it's a big deal. Others barely notice the change. I go back and forth (on a weekly basis probably) whether I want to:

A) Have a crazy big party where I throw down $300-$500 on a bar tab and just invite everyone I've ever met to come have a drink with me.
B) Have a similiar event, though smaller, and with me not spending all that money.
C) Wrap up my life in Illinois and have a "Hello 30, GoodBye Chicago!" party in which I sell everything I own and move somewhere new.

I really can't decide.

I'm looking forward to being 30. There seems to be a manageable air about it that I currently am lacking that sounds pleasent. And I'm looking forward to wherever I celebrate making my friends listen to this (I have a better, longer version at home but this is what I could find on the internet on short notice)




Does any of this really matter yet? No. Will it ever matter? Probably not. Did I need to just post any damn thing to bump down that severly bitter and unhappy post previously at the top of the page? You betcha!

1 comment:

Robguy said...

Option 3 - come to Australia!