Monday, August 24, 2009

Waiting

15 days ago I used one of those online application systems that allows you to apply for multiple jobs within an organization and I applied for 4 jobs. 5 days ago I received my first "Thanks but no thanks" email from them about one of the jobs. Specifically it said "Unfortunately after a review of your credentials and background, we have decided to pursue other applicants who more closely align with our position requirements." It was a rough read but a necessary evil (and to be fair I really wasn't very qualified for the gig they turned me down for, I just really wanted it because it had the word Library in the job title.

So now I am stuck waiting for responses from the rest of the applications. By rejecting me for one I know that their system is working and farming out my stats to hopefully the correct departments. I can only hope that the reason I haven't gotten a slew of additional denials is that maybe I am pseudo qualified for some of the other positions and am in the "to be considered further" pile.

In case you've never done this. Waiting sucks.

1 comment:

Robguy said...

Job hunting sucks. It's right up there with moving.