Monday, November 16, 2009

A sneak peak into my eating habits

I spent all day Sunday laying on my couch watching the first season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Now I've already seen this show a bunch of times, but the boyfriend finally returned all my seasons after admitting he will never actually have time to watch them (which is truly a shame in my mind) and I have been craving some vamp ass kicking action for awhile so I hunkered down and mindlessly wasted the day away.

I've had days like this before. With no real outside responsibilities, no pets or kids, I understand this is a luxury for most those around me and I promise I am not taking these wonderful moments for granted. I thought about going out and watching some football but the desire just wasn't great enough and I am attempting to lessen the amount of football action in my life anyway* (for reasons that are too long and boring to go into during this post).

When I get into these days I am amazed at my own ability to sustain myself. It is no wonder that I am winded when I walk up to my third floor apartment when I have a diet like this. I sometimes wish I cared more about food and my health and all that, but after nearly 30 years it just hasn't sunk in yet. I am a total grazer/scrounger when it comes to eating. I would of been screwed before microwaves and instant everything.

So for your reading enjoyment, a list of what I grazed on throughout the day yesterday...
  • 2 20 oz. bottles of Vitamin Water
  • 2 hot dogs
  • Probably 10 oz. of an 11 oz. bag of wavy Lays potato chips
  • 2 ice cream bars
  • half a hard boiled egg
  • a chunk of sharp cheddar cheese
  • and probably half a pack of cigarettes.
Dear gods, how am I not dead yet?



* While I am doing well in my no football mission, missing the Colts game last night is a very sad thought for me right now.

1 comment:

Robguy said...

I don't know how your body lets you get away with that either! ... and bottled water is horrible for the environment ... and smoking makes you smell ... CHEESEHEAD!
Miss you - Happy holidays. I'll eat my 5 lbs worth of butter xmas cookies thinking of you.