Thursday, March 19, 2009

A new way to see the world

Reading this guy's twitter I came across this link. What's going on in the economy in our country and our world is something that everyone is experiencing but we are still having a damn hard time processing it. Or maybe that's just me. These pictures bring it home in a whole new way for me and if you're a visual learner they might help you as well.

I think the most startling for my own ignorance was that up until now I have been thinking of the crashing economy in a strictly United States sense. Picture #5 of the job seekers in China now out of work because exports are down because we aren't buying anymore hit home like a bullet to the brain. I am amazed at my own exclusivity, I've never been patriotic before so I'm not sure why I all of a sudden started to think of this problem in such a small mindset.

I'm not sure if this makes it better or not. Opening my mind is always a good thing but I must be careful so that I not drown in the reality. When it comes down to it though I'm pretty damn lucky. My job (as far as forecasts can see) isn't going anywhere.

So if you want another look (or just a different way to look) check out the pictures.

And for another take check out Notes from the Unemployment Line brought to you by The Stranger (a Seattle based newspaper), really brought to you by impending unemployment who gave me the link in the first place. The article is all about the numbers and it's fascinating.

No comments: