Friday, February 27, 2009

Trust me, it's worth the 7 minutes

I just discovered Wil Wheaton's blog, WWdN: In Exile, and I'm loving it. And I'm loving that I found it from a tweet from Neil Gaiman on Twitter. Ah, technology how I love thee. I've been surfing back through some of Wil's posts and had come across this, hit play and then kept reading. It's beautiful. Hit play and sit back and just listen. Her name is Zoe Keating and this is her website.



Taken directly from Mr. Wheaton himself.....
"See that MacBook next to her? She uses that to sample herself several times to build a rhythm, and then she plays over it, like a one-woman string quartet. Or quintet. Or awesometet. I didn't realize this the first time I heard her; I just thought her music was haunting and beautiful, but once I knew what she was doing, I was awestruck. In fact, knowing how she does it, I defy you to listen to it again and keep your jaw off the floor."

No comments: